Tuesday 26 July 2016

Anal in Animation

No, I'm not talking about anal sex and animating it, I'm talking about the English expression where 'being anal' means you are very, very picky.

Today I started with coding some PHP for my members section, in particular to prevent people having to log in like a thousand times and also to distinguish between the various levels of players. So I want to pull this information from the Joomla database to use it elsewhere and since Joomla can already do that I thought I'd go and figure out what I could use and hack something for myself from various chunks. But I soon realized I was making life much to complicated,  and was doing stupid redundant shit so I gave it a rest.

I don't know about you, but my mind keeps working when I'm not working it. If I've got a problem or a challenge or something I want to solve with code I try to formulate the desired outcome and go do something else. My mind will keep crunching while I'm for instance creating the CGI artwork I also need for my game but which seems to use another part of my brain.

My game, or at least the initial branch of the first chapter, starts with the selection of the female character the protagonist is going to be dealing with with. I don't want that scene to be static so I first made the scene, then animated the two characters a little, just a second or two that loops to begin with:



With a height of 384 pixels I can pull it into my Canvas and use the bottom half for text, choices, feedback, what have you. Now did you see it? Did you see it? Perhaps it's better if you could loop it (I have no idea what blogger can, it's my first video upload,)
In any case, no, the hand of the blonde is fine. There's theoretically a way to nail these in place but I've never thought that reliable so I'm just doing that by hand.

It's her hair! Her hair sticks into her shoulder! It also looks like it's made of wood since it's not animated yet but I knew it was a first go and wouldn't be perfect. Also, I decided that while the schoolgirl theme is fine for one of the 4 outfits the protagonist can choose from, and which determine the attitude of the girl, this one is a bit too cheesy. So I changed it, another reason to render this again.
But anal in animation, I gotta fix that hair.

Here's the outfits that the protagonist can choose from:





Update after seeing it. I don't fucking believe it. Crappy Youtube shait. And flash. What a load of crap. So I quickly slapped this together:
Check out this link which just shows the video above in a decent quality using current internet standards instead of fucking flash and doesn't confront you with adult material.

No comments:

Post a Comment